Improving the lives of the people and economic vitality of Indiana and beyond
- K-12 Education: IU will build on successful K-12 initiatives, including high school pathways and free dual-credit offerings; and highlight the Schools of Education and impact on supplying K-12 educators and offering advanced teacher education programs.
- Stronger Alignment with State's Targeted Initiatives: IU will contribute to Indiana's future economic prosperity by leveraging its strengths and resources, particularly talent development, in areas that the state (Indiana Economic Development Corporation) has targeted for investment and growth, including the following: Ag/Bioscience; Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning; Battery Technology; Cybersecurity; Microelectronics/Semiconductors; and Advanced Manufacturing.
- Leverage Global Assets: IU will mobilize its international relationships, world-class language and area studies programs, and global alumni networks; and advance the state's international priorities—including international trade and investments, workforce development, and global career readiness. IU will successfully implement IU-Indiana Department of Education initiatives in the area of international education and career readiness.
- Continuing Investment in Life and Health Sciences: IU will sustain and grow the life and health sciences ecosystem, thereby enabling talent attraction and retention for the state’s life and health sciences and biotech industry. IU will leverage the strength of the university’s health disciplines to impact public health in Indiana, particularly for low-income and minority residents. IU and Purdue will create a joint biosciences engineering institute in Indianapolis, which will develop new life-enhancing therapies and technologies and expand the number of professions whose unique research and training will create start-ups and attract new companies to Indiana.
- Workforce Partnerships: IU will support campus capabilities and networks to partner with local business and industry more effectively on workforce needs.